By using these forums you are agreeing to follow our Forum Rules. The NoFollow tag is enabled. Trolling will not be tolerated.

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics |

New Mom
shannonspeirs
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 11:36:03 AM

Groups: Registered

Hey guys, I'm a new mom trying to lose all the weight I gained while pregnant (my daughter Sawyer is almost 2 months old, so it's time). I put on 65lbs over 9 months (ouch) and lost 40lbs right after my daughter's birth (most of it was water, I was HUGELY swollen near the end). I'm finding it hard to be active in the middle of a long, bitterly cold winter. Plus eating right is difficult when I'm trying to clean the house, feed the baby, entertain the dog, and prepare dinner.

I have a hugely supportive husband and plan to go back to work next October after my year of mat. leave. Ideally, I'd like to use my year off to better myself physically, as I'm sure the demands of being a working mom will make losing weight much more difficult.

Any advice from other parents would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsor  

gilligan
#2 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2010 8:59:27 AM

Groups: Administrators, ModeratorCalorie, Registered

Welcome to MaCC! I had two boys and know about the slump we can get into and especially with how busy things get taking care of a little one and keeping up on everything else. Keeping track of your calories and nutrition is a great way to start! I wish you all the best in your endeavors.

Gilligan
gemilori
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 01, 2011 9:54:40 AM

Groups: Registered

Welcome I am new also. I have three boys and doing it by myself. Although mine are older 13,10.5 & 7. It can be tough but I think what works for me is pre-planning. Take a few hours a week when your husband is around and prepare everything. So when you are running around its easier just to grab. Pre cut veggies, boil a bunch of eggs. Crock-pot works great and then just freeze in portion sizes.

Good luck with the new baby.