By using these forums you are agreeing to follow our Forum Rules. The NoFollow tag is enabled. Trolling will not be tolerated.

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics |

Add Food Page - Ability To Define Complete Meals
centec2b
#1 Posted : Friday, April 02, 2010 5:01:31 PM

Groups: Registered

...................I will post in the suggestion folder but question please - under the "Add Food" have you envisaged thought about the user being able to generate their own "complete meals"? I have seen this elsewhere and it really does speed up input, if you have a rota of meals. I think you can accomplish this now - more or less - but there may be tweaks that can streamline the process

Sincerely

centec2b
Sponsor  

matthew
#2 Posted : Friday, April 02, 2010 6:27:27 PM

Groups: Admin, Administrators, ModeratorCalorie, Registered

Ahh yess, this is something I have wanted to do for a while.

Its on my list.

Matter of fact, this summer when I have more time I am going redo most of this sites look, something like
one of my other sites.

During that renovation, I will be doing a total rebuild of the Calorie Counter and Exercise Pages, incorporating alot of AJAX drag and drop stuff. Those two pages were the first pages I ever built and have become quite bloated.

For now, you can still build a meal as a food item, just within the "Additional Information" box specify what your meal consists of.

A very underused, but helpful function to help speed up input is the Food Pantry feature. You can set that up by going into your your Diet Settings page, under the tab "Food Library Options".

Once set up, your food pantry will list foods that you have eaten recently, instead of searching through your library every time.

Again, Thank You for the feedback!
centec2b
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 03, 2010 2:01:22 AM

Quote:
A very underused, but helpful function to help speed up input is the Food Pantry feature.
It is interesting that as the site "warms up" following use, these features begin to manifest themselves. I wonder why it is under-utilized? Is it because we are encouraged to "get on and do it and move on to the next item" that we dont take time to evaluate and thus help ourselves? Got to rush!!!

centec2b
missfabulala
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2012 10:18:21 PM

Hi there,

I absolutely love this site, and have wanted to get right into it, BUT, one thing stops me. The functionality of the food diary drives me bananas. Why not have a full food index so we don't have to add foods. Look at myfitnesspal, it has all that functionality, but your stats are so much better and you offer so much more, the diary just turns me off every time. This COULD be an amazing resource, but at the moment the way it is, it's not quick or easy. Defeats the purpose. Would love to chat more Matthew, I think what you have is a great product, just needs some serious tweaking!

DaveRoss
#5 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2014 2:51:14 PM

Once you have added the foods that you normally eat the site becomes very useful. Also, the more time you spend on recording the less time you have to eat. ;-)