By using these forums you are agreeing to follow our Forum Rules. The NoFollow tag is enabled. Trolling will not be tolerated.

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics |

2 Pages12>
Calorie intake and exercise
mimi
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 06, 2011 2:40:48 PM

Groups: Registered

I was wondering if someone could help me out... I seem to be stuck at the same weight...I'm not budging.. I don't eat the full amount of calories a day often I am below by 300 to 500 calorie a day and I don't really exercise. At the beggining the weight was comming off on a regular basis and now it's not budging.
Would anyone have an idea why and should I start working out on a regular basis? I have lost 18lbs so far but I didn't think I would hit a "plateau" already. My goal is too lose 95lbs all together and I'm not close to it yet so I am surprised to see I'm struggling to loose. Any advice would be appreciated ;)
Sponsor  

matthew
#2 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2011 8:16:49 AM

Groups: Admin, Administrators, ModeratorCalorie, Registered

Ahh, the wall or weight-loss plateau,

First of all, congratulations on your weight loss so far, very impressive!!!

I think we all hit this at least once in our weight loss journey. It seems like your body builds an immunity against weight loss and is trying to retain what you have left to lose, at least that’s what it seems like. But don’t lose heart! It will pass.

It’s a little different for everyone and the only advice I can give you is what worked for me in the past.

Change up your diet and the daily activity. Throw a wrench into your diet. That almost always helped me. Try eating a few more calories a day, and spread it out. Try eating every 3-4 hours, little snacks. This will speed up your metabolism. Drink lots of water. Push through it, push push push.

Good luck, you WILL get through this. And when you do, : ), share with us what you did. I am sure others are in the same boat. We have had over 2,000 members join since Jan, and this is about the time most would be hitting that wall.

Other Links that may help you:
http://exercise.about.co...ss/a/weightplateaus.htm
http://www.webmd.com/die...d-a-weight-loss-plateau
http://www.mayoclinic.co...ht-loss-plateau/MY01152

-Matthew
mimi
#3 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2011 9:08:30 AM

Thank you so much Matthew. I really appreciate the help! I will try to change things up a bit. I refuse to get discourage I still keep at it but it helps that my husband is also doing this with me. He didn't have as much too lose but still 30 lbs and he is almost at his goal. I will keep everyone up-to-date on this.
As far as the amount of members goes I am glad to see sooo many people have decided to make a change for the better. It's nice to see we are not the only ones going through this. I love this site and got 4 people to join as well and they are now eating healthier to lose weight! I think this site is the best :)
MajorEEA
#4 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2011 11:01:46 PM

Hey mimi,

Congrats on your weight loss as well, Matthew is right on what he has said about changing your diet and increasing your caloric intake, however; you don't want to do it all the time. It is suggested to eat more like Matthew has stated eating about 5 times a day, 3 good meals and then 2 snacks. The water helps greatly to boost the metabolism. But I did have a question, have you taped yourself, cause you could be losing the weight and gaining muscle!! Muscle weights more than fat, you could be losing inches and gaining muscle!! So be sure to try that as well and don't be discourage, be sure to look on the positive side!! Congrats again and keep up the good work!!!

Take care,
Major
matthew
#5 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2011 11:50:03 PM

Groups: Admin, Administrators, ModeratorCalorie, Registered

Major does bring up a good point. Just because the scale isn't saying you're losing weight, you still may be. Muscle is heavier than Fat. I had a lot of frustrated friends in the military that were trying to lose weight, but could not, because they were replacing it with muscle. Even some gaining weight, but shrinking around the belly.

I should probably implement this whole taping system into the site sooner than later.
mimi
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 7:57:17 AM

Thanks Major I will try taping myself. I won't know the difference yet since I don't know what I was originally but I will sure keep track of that now! I remembered last night the last week was the only week I was not having a snack at night before 8pm. I don't snack after 8 as I learned it wasn't good for you. I will try to do that as well and see if it makes a difference. Maybe I went to long of a period from supper to breakfast without eating so not keeping my metabolism going. I will give all of this a try and let you know if it worked! I appreciate the help Thank you!
MajorEEA
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 5:29:34 PM

Hey Mimi,

Your right about the 8 pm thing, everything I have read and been taught was not to go back into the kitchen after 5, 6 being the latest! Of course you may snack after that time but it is suggested raw veggies or raw fruit! I would suggest celery! It's full of fiber and H2O and really nothing else, it's an awesome food for weight loss!!! Of course that is easier said than done!!

Take care,
Major:-)
suesohm
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2011 6:25:09 PM

Everyone keeps telling me to do something different when I plateau so I dyed my hair blonde do you think it will help lol.
mimi
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 10:21:46 AM

LOL Sue... did you try the taping yourself? I know you were saying you had lost weight but could still fit in the same clothes... Maybe keep track of that and it may help not to feel discourage. Keep up the good work though! I can't wait until I hit the same amount as you!
mimi
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 10:25:23 AM

MajorEEA wrote:
Hey Mimi,

Your right about the 8 pm thing, everything I have read and been taught was not to go back into the kitchen after 5, 6 being the latest! Of course you may snack after that time but it is suggested raw veggies or raw fruit! I would suggest celery! It's full of fiber and H2O and really nothing else, it's an awesome food for weight loss!!! Of course that is easier said than done!!

Take care,
Major:-)

Major

I heard fruits were not very good at night because they contain alot of sugar...I read somewhere if we eat fruits we should eat them in the morning so we have time to burn the sugar during the day. Do you know anything about that? I also didn't know celery had alot of fiber so thanks for the info!
suesohm
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 11:57:57 AM

Ive been at it a little longer than you but youll get there I have plateaued twice and it does get very frustrating but hang in there losing a little is better than not losing
mimi
#12 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2011 12:00:34 PM

Just to give an update...

I started loosing again... Yay! The only different thing I did was some nights I had snacks and some none. Some days I was very close to my calorie intake and some about 500 lower so I think it threw my body for loop. It didn't know what do to anymore so I guess it decided to start loosing again. We'll see if it lasts. I also started taping myself and I can see I have lost 7 inches overall, I base myself of last years measurements. Now I can keep track of it so if I see I don't loose as much weight I can see if I'm at least loosing inches. It might be an idea matthew if we could get a place where we can write and keep track of the inches lost. It might help people not to get discourage if they don't lose lbs but at least they can see they are loosing inches. Just a idea! :)

Thank you everyone for your advice it was greatly appreciated!
RickyPaul
#13 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2013 8:48:12 PM

For losing weight exercise and diet both are important tools and with exercise we should reduce the amount of calories in diet. It is good to eat simple food like vegetables because there is low calories in vegetables.
lakecountybootcamps persona trainer
RebeccaJhon
#14 Posted : Tuesday, March 18, 2014 12:58:30 AM

Ricky Paul, I agree with you, exercise and diet both are effect on your body and they are very important tools. Eat healthy food like vegetable and fruits and drink free fruit juice and should try to always maintain your diet if you maintain it then you have maintained your health and fitness.

Jaspers
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2014 4:40:41 AM

Diet plays an important role in bulking and cutting. I always try to maintain my diet to maintain my fitness and weight. It is good to eat natural and healthy food in diet and good to reduce calories to prevent from fat. Over weight cause of many other dangerous disease like blood pressure, cancer etc.
CarlosCont
#16 Posted : Tuesday, July 01, 2014 2:35:50 AM

Start exercising. Follow habit of Counting calories to know what kind of food you are eating. You should know how to locate a food's caloric content and its serving amount.
http://www.aihcp.org/blog/complete-guide-many-calories-eat-daily/
sarahwilsox574
#17 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2014 1:21:12 AM

Is Lemon helps to lose weight?
Lemon helps to lose weight - All of us are well-known products to help lose weight, such as pineapples, cabbage, grapefruit, etc along with other vegetables and fruits. Did you know that lemons almost twice as efficient as the above products eaten at night lemon help to lose weight.
CarlosCont
#18 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 10:43:48 PM

Eat 5-6 small meals per day, about 2-3 hours apart to keep your metabolism and energy up, cravings down and muscles fed constantly encouraging growth
http://sdpharmaceuticals...ve-simple-ways-shed-fat/
richard25
#19 Posted : Saturday, August 09, 2014 3:15:57 AM

I think you should start exercise on daily basis for quick improvement. Cardio and yoga are the best natural way to lose weight without any side effect so you should also try both of these exercise.
CarlosCont
#20 Posted : Monday, September 08, 2014 10:00:15 PM

You can help stop overeating and maintain blood sugar levels by eating a little about every three hours. Getting too hungry will backfire on your planning on eating healthy and diet control . Always try healthy, filling snack, such as an apple and some other fruits. Smart snacking will assist you to lose weight.
http://sdpharmaceuticals...-five-gluten-free-foods/